Monday, June 2, 2014

Why Anderson? – Thoughts from Fellow Admits and Current Students (Part 4)

This post is a continuation of "Why Anderson? – Thoughts from Fellow Admits and Current Students."  Thank you again to all the individuals who have submitted their thoughts.

As I researched all of the various MBA programs and their particularities, I had two criteria that I would not comprise on.

One, I was looking for a friendly and collaborative student body. This may seem obvious to everyone but through my experiences of visiting different schools this type of environment is far from the norm. A-Days confirmed my initial interactions with UCLA staff and students. I was struck by how open and genuinely interested everyone was in getting to know me.

Two, I wanted to be part of a community that has been and would continue to be at the forefront of innovation and technology. Since my career ambition is to start my own tech company, I put a premium on schools that were highly invested in entrepreneurship and technology. Needless to say UCLA Anderson’s Entrepreneurship and High-Tech Business Associations weighed heavily in my decision.

Lastly, it also doesn’t hurt that UCLA is in my home state. Anderson and the UCLA community's vast network in California’s tech-industry further convinced me that I would be wearing blue and gold in 2014.

- Victor, UCLA Anderson Class of 2016

2 comments:

  1. I would just like to say that I recently started following your blog and absolutely love all of your posts about Anderson. I am a B school hopeful with UCLA as my number 1 choice and everything you write about just continues to affirm why I want to go there. I am also looking to work in the healthcare/biotech industry but in financial planning and analysis as I was a finance undergrad and currently work in consulting with a concentration on healthcare and manufacturing clients. I am on the young side, I'm only 24, but I'm hoping a strong profile and essays will get me right there with you.

    I wish you the very best of luck and keep up the amazing posts!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi texaswannabecali! Thanks for reading, and I am glad you have found some of my post useful. I know hearing various students' experiences about Anderson helped me make my decision to attend. Good luck with the GMAT! Please reach out if you have any questions, I am happy to help out in anyway I can.

      Delete