Wednesday, February 26, 2014

A Pleasant Surprise... Followed by Another

I think I wrote about this before, but it is a strange combination of feelings you get after submitting an application.  For me there is a sense of relief, but also an uneasy feeling that everything is now out of my hands.  After submitting my round two applications, I did feel confident that I put together the best applications I could, and whatever was going to happen.

About a week after submitting my application to Tepper, I received an unexpected email.  An interview invite!  I was pumped, especially because I was expecting it to be at least three to four weeks before I heard back.  Luckily I had already started prepping and I scheduled my interview for a couple days after receiving the invite.

I interview with an Adcom via Skype.  It was a really good experience.  The Adcom was very kind and represented the school very well.  Overall the interview went well.  I felt like it was very conversational, and I felt like I was able to paint a fairly good picture of myself with the time I had and with the questions I was asked.

The day after my Tepper interview, I received another unexpected email... and invite from Anderson!  I gave myself a little more time than I did with Tepper to prep for my interview.  I was pretty happy that I didn't have to take time off work because Anderson had evening interview options (Good call Anderson, good call).

My Anderson interview went well too.  Not as well as my Tepper interview, but I was happy with it.  I interviewed with a Second-year student.  He was really down to earth and created a very conversational and relaxed interviewing environment.  I felt like I wasn't able to express myself as well, but I felt like it was more due to the questions I was asked, not because I was stumped by a question or anything.  I'll tell you what though, the Clear Admit Interview Reports definitely helped me prepare for both of my interviews.

Two down, two to go. It was a nice feeling to have only a couple weeks after submitting my applications.  If anyone has any specific questions regarding my interview experience at either of these schools, feel free to shoot me an email or post your questions in the comment section.

"Our greatest weakness lies in giving up. The most certain way to succeed is always to try just one more time." - Thomas A. Edison

1 comment: