Saturday, March 8, 2014

An Invite from Darden and Some Good News from Anderson!

Not long after coming off the highs of getting interview invites from Tepper and Anderson, I got another long-waited for email… an interview invite from Darden!  I was excited.  I immediately started looking for flights out to Virginia.  When I signed up for my interview, there were only five days to choose from and I could not do four of those due to work obligations.  Luckily, the one day that did work for me also happened to have the cheapest flights.

It was nice having a few weeks between when I received my interview invite and my actual interview day.  My previous interviews, the most I had between receiving the invite and interviewing was about a week.  Right after I booked my flight, I started prepping for the interview.  Darden has a get website and a ton of videos.  For anyone interviewing, I highly recommend spending a lot of time on their website.  I was also able to talk to a few students and learn more about their experience at Darden.  In addition to all that, I used mbaMission’s Darden School Guide, Clear Admit’s School Guide, and Clear Admit’s Interview Guide.  All of them were extremely useful, especially the Interview Guide, I definitely recommend it.  Getting into all of those materials, and especially talking with the current students really got me excited about Darden and my upcoming trip to Charlottesville!

One morning, a couple weeks after getting an invite from Darden, I woke up a little bit earlier than usual – around 4am.  I looked at my phone to check the time and noticed I had a new email.  It was from Anderson.  I opened it up and it said that my application status had been updated.  I clicked on the link and logged into the application portal… I had been accepted!  Man it felt great!  I couldn’t go back to sleep, so I decided to get up and go running.  The whole time I was running, I couldn’t stop smiling.  I felt so relieved to have at least one acceptance in my pocket, finally, after two years!

Later that day I got a call from a member of the admission committee at Anderson welcoming me.  I was informed I had also received a fellowship as well!  I was ecstatic!  Needless to say, I am so grateful and am looking forward to possibly being a member of the Anderson community.

Next up, Darden interview…

"Success consists of going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm." - Winston Churchill

No comments:

Post a Comment